We are recruiting high calibre candidates for our Dublin offices. We offer challenging and rewarding opportunities to the right candidates who will add value to our organisation as we continue to grow.
Job Specs are outlined below – should you feel you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be part of our growing team please contact email@example.com
We also offer Graduate, Work Placement and Summer Programmes. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate and Senior Quantity Surveyors (KSN Construction Consultants)
- Technical Executive (KSN Energy)
- BER Assessors (KSN Energy)
- Marketing Assistant (KSN Construction Consultants)
- Positions are now filled
KSN Construction Consultants: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR (Dublin)
Applications are invited from highly motivated and ambitious individuals who demonstrate good organisational and managerial skills and a pro-active attitude. Good reporting, communication skills, ability to work in a team environment and computer literacy are essential. Ideally the successful candidate should be qualified to degree level in quantity surveying \ construction economics with 4+ years experience in a PQS practice. Chartered status is preferable but not mandatory.
This role involves all aspects of surveying including:
- Pre-contract cost control and advise to Design Teams & Clients
- Pre-contract document preparation
- All post contract functions including; interim recommendations, cost reporting, Client meetings, final account reconciliations on a diverse range of projects
- Responsibility for training and development of assistant and junior Quantity Surveyors as part of team structure
The key duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Estimating & Cost Planning – reporting directly to Clients
- Preparing Bills of Quantities
- Compiling Contract Documentation
- Preparing Cost Reports
- Preparing Monthly Valuations
- Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts
- Review and Resolve Contractual Claims
- Attend Meetings with Clients and Design Team Members
- Training and development
Ideal Candidate: Commercially aware with ambition to progress within KSN. It will be necessary to have drive and determination to manage strict budgets to ensure the commercial success of projects. Professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package along with tailored benefits and the opportunity to work with a multifaceted and professional team. The right candidate will also receive genuine opportunities for career progression and ongoing professional development will be actively supported.
KSN Construction Consultants: INTERMEDIATE QUANTITY SURVEYOR (Dublin)
Degree qualified in quantity surveying/construction economics with 2+ years relevant post qualification experience, preferably acquired in a professional consultancy.
Chartered status is preferable but not mandatory.
The role requires a methodical, diligent and pragmatic individual with ambition to work hard and develop their professional competence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all areas of pre-contract and post contract quantity surveying services on a variety of project types under Director’s or Project Surveyors’ guidance.
- Pre-contract Estimates and Cost Plans
- Bills of Quantities in accordance with a Standard Method of Measurement
- Tender Reports
- Checking interim payment applications from contractors
- Measuring and valuing variations and preparing final accounts
Applicants should be appraised of current developments in the profession e.g. through relevant C.P.D Courses and/or any other courses. Where appropriate, he/she may attend structural learning courses and/or any other courses approved by the company to attain recognised suitable relevant academic qualification or standards.
Commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Job Title: Technical Executive
Location: Head Office, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Education: Qualification in a Construction Related Course.
Experience: Previous experience in a similar role preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
KSN Energy is a branch of KSN, an established, recognised and respected firm operating in the construction industry. Established in 2012, KSN Energy are the operations management company on a number of schemes run by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
As a member of our Technical staff you will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support during the day-to-day running of the SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) Better Energy Homes and Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme.
You will be required to liaise with contractors and homeowners who are working on/applicants to the Better Energy Homes and Better Energy Warmer Homes schemes in regards to any technical queries they may have.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reports prior to distribution and presentation to management team
- Ensuring that the Surveyors / Inspectors are updated on all changes to procedures, SEAI products and service offers etc.
- To liaise with SEAI regarding all scheme related queries.
- To liaise with Contractors regarding all scheme related queries.
- Identify training needs for technicians where necessary.
- Checking of paperwork, reports and other data to ensure that it is correct prior to it being submitted to SEAI.
- The attending of regular progress meetings with SEAI.
- Liaising with administration / contact centre staff to ensure customer satisfaction and possibly resolve any potential problems.
- The provision of technical advice to colleagues working on the schemes.
- Dealing with queries from colleagues, customers, contractors and SEAI.
- To be considered for the role you must have/be:
- Previous experience in a technical role.
- A wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements along with an excellent knowledge of insulation measures/techniques.
- Pleasant and have friendly mannerism with an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent computer knowledge/technological / IT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances.
- Dependability; to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for their actions and also keep commitment.
- Quality management- look for means of improving as well as promoting quality.
- A high level of motivation.
- Ideally you will have / be:
- Graduate Degree in Energy/Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering/Building services/Environmental or related technical discipline
- Experience working on Better Energy Homes / Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme
- A Construction background
- A plumbing qualification (RGII / OFTEC) will be an advantage.
This role will require a good knowledge of:
- Retrofitting in occupied dwellings
- Gas and Oil installations
- Attic insulation
- External internal and cavity wall insulations
- Health and Safety
- Air tightness testing
Rewards: Attractive long-term, career enhancing full time role. Starting summer 2017.
Remuneration is negotiable depending on suitability and fit of the candidate.
Please submit your CV and details of your experience: email@example.com
KSN Energy: Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessor
KSN Energy is a branch of KSN, an established, recognized and respected firm operating in the construction industry. Established in 2012, KSN Energy are the operations management company on a number of schemes run by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). As a field based quality assurance inspector on the Better Energy Homes Scheme, you will be responsible for reviewing and assessing works installed by registered contractors into the homes of scheme applicants throughout the country. These assessments/inspections are designed to ensure that works installed under this grant-based scheme conform to the high quality specifications expected.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· The carrying out of BER assessments on properties after works have been completed on the Better Energy Warmer Homes scheme.
· The completion of ‘Quantities Checks’ on properties after works have been completed on the Better Energy Warmer Homes scheme.
· The accurate completion of all documentation; whether on paper or electronic device.
· It is a specific requirement that all targets set by scheme management are met as regular performance reviews will be carried out. Failure to meet these targets may result in disciplinary action and possible termination of contract.
· The provision of energy advice/guidance to applicants on the scheme.
· The provision of technical guidance to colleagues working on the scheme.
· The provision of technical guidance to contractors registered to complete works under the scheme.
· Provide customer service in line with the agreed code of practice and quality standards.
· Manage and fulfil appointments made with homeowners through the helpdesk.
· Conduct follow up activities and administration duties to include outbound calls, emails, paperwork etc.
· Attend training courses as necessary.
· Attend to any other reasonable request as instructed by scheme management.
· Adhere to the KSN Energy Code of Conduct and the rules and regulations set out in the KSN Handbook.
· Full and clean driving license.
· Working as an active BER assessor in the last six months.
· Must comply with the SEAI’s Code of Practice for BER Assessors and Display Energy Certificate Assessors.
· Must comply with the SEAI’s BER Assessor Independence – Guidance Note.
· Excellent knowledge of the materials of construction and building services.
· A high level of attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Quality management; looking for means of improving as well as promoting quality.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· An ability to comprehend, capture as well as interpret basic customer information.
· An ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances.
· Good powers of judgement and an ability to manage difficult customer situations.
· An ability to adapt to change in meeting the changing demands of the KSN Energy/SEAI strategy.
· Dependability essential i.e. to follow instructions, take responsibility for actions and ensure commitments are kept.
· A high level of motivation.
· Employees must always act in the company’s best interest concerning any conflicts of interest.
SEAI BER Assessor Registration.
Fetac Level Six Qualification in Building Energy Rating Assessment (Dwellings).
Please note that applicants may be subject to Garda vetting procedures.
Location: Clonskeagh, Dublin
Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates are invited to email an up-to-date CV and details of experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
KSN is an equal opportunities employer.
Marketing Assistant: KSN Construction Consultants
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the purpose of this position is to provide support within the Marketing Department of a busy Construction Cost Consultancy. This is a new role created to provide general marketing assistance while collating internal data and assisting with the upgrading and management of the company’s Marketing materials (layout, design etc.). This progressive role would suit a candidate with excellent written English, project coordination skills and an eye for design. Previous experience in a construction related field is advantageous but not essential.
- Assist with general marketing function
- Assist with compilation of company brochures, proposal/tender documents & presentations
- Compilation of internal staff CVs / organisation charts / project data
- Edit, assemble and issue deliverables
- Collect and manage project information
- Assist with upgrade and management of the company’s marketing materials (layout, design etc.).
- Assist with ad-hoc administrative duties as required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrable experience in technical writing and editing. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and to assist with the organisation and coordination of complex proposals and write/edit proposal content.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing /Tender writing /Construction related role.
- Excellent written English (technical writing)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong MS office skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Design/Layout /Graphic software (i.e. InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Experience compiling presentations
- Experience with tender/submission/Request for Proposal documents
- Experience compiling company brochures
- Knowledge of web administration
- Knowledge of the construction market is advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organised individual with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritise and multitask; must be able to manage and adhere to multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Support a team environment with a positive, can-do attitude
- Confidentiality and discretion are essential requirements of this role
Interested candidates are invited to email an up-to-date CV and cover note to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Wednesday 11th October 2017.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Location: Clonskeagh, Dublin
KSN is an equal opportunities employer.